Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Volcanoes and Earthquakes

So, just when you think it's safe to go outside, the volcano goes off again. Luckily, we have only had ashfall once here in Anchorage. (Yes, Lisa, I am still alive.) Now to make matters worse, we had a 4.7 earthquake. It sounded like someone hit the office building and then the ground began to shake. Just about the time I was thinking about jumping under the desk, it all stopped.
What's next? Pestilence? Famine? At least the sun is out and shining. There is only about a foot of snow left on the ground and my flowers are starting to come out. Yeah!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Are you sure you are still alive? HAHAHA Man you are getting the works though! Hope you get some relief soon. You always did live an exciting life!

Kristie said...

Well at least its keeping you on your toes. You can say that life has been boring and the same, I would almost welcome something crazy out of the blue like that.

Jenny Kapp said...

I think the flood is next. With the sun blazing that snow will melt so fast water will be flowing! Way to take on the natural disasters head on! I am also glad you are alive. I can start calling you daily if you need to be checked up on!!

momma Mare said...

An earthquake can leave you kind of "shaky". We (including you) were in an earthquake in Yuba City. The after shocks were the eerie part. I'm you let us know!

Unknown said...

WOW! What an experience you're having. I wish I could be there to experience it with you. I've always wanted to see a volcano erupt and be in an earthquake. I think you are so lucky!