Sunday, January 4, 2009

Brrrr! It's only -8 degrees

Happy New Year to All!!
I know this is a little late, but we' ve been hunkered down. It's been very cold here the last week. And when I say cold, I mean down-right beyond frigid. Our high temp yesterday was
-8 and the low was -16. BRRR!!!

But, there does come a time when you have to venture outside. Kayla, Charlie and myself decided today was that day. It took us longer to put on all our gear, than the time we spent outdoors. It is quite beautiful out, if you don't mind a little frost bite. Everything is covered in hoar frost. (That's the thick snow like substance that sticks to anything left outside for more than 3 seconds.)

4 comments:

Jenny Kapp said...

I looked and looked for the whore in the pictures, but never found one! Oh well! Kayla didn't seem to mind the crazy cold! She looked like she was enjoying herself. I don't envy you!! I don't know why you are complaining, the temperature change was only 8 degrees. We had a lot bigger of a change than that - if that was the only way to measure levels of cold! Also, you have dreams of Florida coming to warm your toes!

Kristie said...

The frost is beautiful. I would sit at the window with a cuddly blanky and a mug of hot chocolate and look at it all day. As for the negative degrees, I guess you'll have to come and visit me again.

Kimberly said...

I hear it's 19 degrees in New York....just saying...

Lisa said...

brrrrrr! Kayla didn't seem to mind the cold. It is very beautiful with all the frost. Those are great pictures! You can keep those insainely cold temps.